Terms & Conditions
1. Reservation Deposit: A deposit of £200 is payable upon booking and this includes the damage bond.
2. Damage Bond: A deposit bond for damage will be charged. Any damage (if applicable) will be deducted from your damage bond, and the remainder refunded to you within 14 days. If any damage costs exceed the Bond Payment, the Treehouse owners reserve the right to automatically charge the client for any excess.
3. Reservations and payment of Rentals: Telephone reservations will be held as provisional reservations for 3 days and MUST be confirmed by payment of deposit within 3 days. All cheques must be made payable to A R Mather. Should a material change be made to any reservation within 56 days of arrival a fee of £25.00 will be levied
4. Payment: After a booking has been received and accepted with deposit paid, the client will be required to pay the full cost of the booking 2 months prior to the date of arrival.
5. Cancellations: If any booking is cancelled the full deposit is NOT refundable. In the event of the cancellation being within 2 months of arrival, the full balance of payment is NOT refundable.
6. Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance: It is strongly recommended that insurance be taken out for all bookings. Reservations are considered confirmed only on receipt of the Reservation deposit and subject to the acceptance of the reservation. The client becomes liable for the full balance of the rental no later than 2 months prior to arrival at the lodge. Sending a deposit will be deemed to be an acceptance of all the Terms and Conditions herein. Should a reservation be made within 2 months of arrival, full payment must be made at the time of the initial reservation. Failure to pay the balance of rent by the due date will be treated as cancellation and no refund will be made. Further information, about holiday insurance, can be found in banks, Post Offices, building societies and from the providers of your home and car insurance.
7. Holiday protection premium: Having to cancel your holiday for whatever reason is hard enough but the loss of deposit or total rental can come as an additional setback. To minimise this unfortunate occurrence you should take out Holiday Insurance. When you reserve your holiday property you are entering into a legally binding contact. If you are unable to take your holiday property, then you will be liable to pay a Cancellation Charge and this could amount to the total cost of your holiday.
8. Insurance: As well as Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance clients are strongly recommended to take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects. Under no circumstances can the owners of the lodge or agent be held liable for any loss or damage to clients' property.
9. VAT: There is no VAT on rentals of the lodge. We reserve the right to alter this at any time.
10. Period of Let: This will normally be on a weekly basis from Friday to Friday but weekend and short periods may be available. Rentals begin at 4.00pm on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any delayed departure may incur additional charges at our discretion.
11. Inventory: An inventory of all the contents is kept in the lodge. If there are any "accidents" during the stay please make a note for the housekeeper. You will be required to pay for replacements. The lodge will be cleaned before you arrive and it is expected that the private ownership of the lodge will be respected and that it will be left in decent order for the next guests.
12. Changes: The owners reserve the right to change any of the specifications of the lodge.
13. Christmas and New Year: Can only be accepted as week long bookings. The lodge will be tastefully decorated.
14. Restrictions on Rental: The owners reserve the right to refuse rentals or terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour. Rentals will not be accepted by anyone under 18 years old.
15. Dissatisfaction: Should a client be dissatisfied for whatever reason with the accommodation secured they must notify the Treehouse owners within 2 hours of arrival. The Client must also notify the Treehouse owners immediately of any damage or defect detected during their stay. Failure to do so may result in the Client being liable to any damages or defects. The owners may inspect the property at any time during the rental period.
16. Pets: Family dogs can be taken to the lodge but must sleep in their own beds, not those at the lodge. Dogs are not allowed on the furniture at the lodge or in bedrooms, and a small extra cleaning charge of £10.00 per pet will be levied. Dogs should not be left unattended, must be kept on a lead and prohibited from fouling areas around the lodge. Any fouling must be cleaned up by the dog's owner. No other pets may be allowed at the lodge.
17. Bed Linen: Bed linen is provided in the lodge.
18. High Chair and Cot: A High chair and Cot are provided free of charge. The Stair Gate should be fitted and used only under adult supervision, and is used wholly at the clients’ own risk.
19Telephone: There is no landline at the lodge, but mobile phone coverage is good.
20. Wi-Fi Internet Access: We offer wi-fi internet access on a fair usage policy. You can browse the internet and email as much as you want. There is a limit of 15Gb allowance per week for streaming videos and uploading and downloading files. If you use more than this amount during the week, charges may apply to any excess above the 15Gb and will be deducted from your deposit.
21. Bunk Beds: The wooden bunk beds are 2'6" wide , the metal bunk is 3’ wide.
22. Liability and responsibility: The owners cannot be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained whilst on the property.
23. Exclusion of the Rent Act: The contract affected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not an assured tenancy in terms of Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. This confers on the client the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only, in terms of Schedule 4 Section of the aforementioned Act.
24. Winter: It must be appreciated that the Treehouse is situated in the Scottish Highlands where sometimes the weather can be severe. You must satisfy yourself that your clothing and footwear is adequate for any outdoor activity and you are properly equipped for the journey to the Treehouse.
25. Adverse Travel Conditions: In the event of road closure due to adverse weather conditions or any form of 3rd party industrial action the owners cannot be held responsible for non- arrival of clients at the lodge and no refunds will be given.
26. Utilities: The owners cannot be held responsible in any way for any failure of Utility Services ( e.g. Electricity or water supply) which is beyond their reasonable control and no refunds will be given in the event of any supply or service failure.
27. Part Week Supplement: A supplement is payable on lets shorter than one week.
28. Terms and Conditions: The Treehouse owners reserve the right to change or amend their terms and conditions at any time.
29. Candles: Due to the high fire risk, candles should only be used with great care, and should never be left unattended.
30. Payment Arrangement: Payment can be made by cheque or bank transfer. Please make cheques payable to A R Mather and send to: